Friday, September 5, 2014

Me time

Twice, Zuzu and Bear napped at the same time for an hour and a half. Since then, I plan for this to happen every day.

What you imagine "me time" will be like every day:




But what usually happens is that they pass the napping baton back and forth to each other without even a minute of overlap. That is, when Zuzu naps at all, which is about 40% of the time.

Actual "me time" = kids being too absorbed to notice you stopped playing for 5 minutes to just zone out
 

P.S. After watching me draw for a while, Zuzu picked up a pen and drew PEOPLE for the first time! She'll be a better artist than I am in no time!  

2 comments:

Deb said...

SO precious! SO much fun for her to do her own renditions of individuals! And to see YOURS, Em!:-)))

And, isn't it wonderful to be able to have some 1-1 time with each of them when 1 is napping and the other isn't? Or to just zone out with 2 once in awhile as you drew in your last pic! So true! :-)))

Emily said...

Yes it is great to get one-on-one time when they nap separately! I do love that.