Thursday, November 6, 2014

"Probably because I'm cute!"

When Zuzu was younger, before she started communicating, Daddy and I would talk about her cuteness incessantly. And then we'd say, we CAN'T keep saying things like this when she's old enough to understand us, or she will be vain.

Well, YOU try living THIS child and NOT telling her she's cute. It can't be done.




Recently at the grocery store she was riding in my cart. A boy was standing down the aisle from us, older than Zuzu. He stood and watched us for a while, just casually staring for a minute or two until we turned a corner, at which point Zuzu asked, "Why was that boy looking at us?"

"I don't know," I said. Of course I was thinking, "Cuz you're CUTE!" but didn't say it. So she said it for me. She looked up at me with a big smile on her face and exclaimed, "Probably because I'm cute!"

So there it is. The results of our being too liberal with the cuteness comments.

No comments: