Tuesday, September 15, 2015

First day at preschool

Zuzu: 3.83 yrs old
Bear:  1.72 yrs old

Drop-off was easy. Hubs came too. Zuzu hugged us and kissed us and skipped happily into the classroom.

She was cheerful at pick-up and was excited to tell me that they had had snacks. She described the snack as "circles." Hm.

Bear wasn't as happy to have me to himself as I realized I must have been thinking he would be. He seemed a little lonely without Zuzu. We went to music class--his first music class of the fall, first time without Zuzu, first time in a new building with a new teacher, and he kept making frowny faces and alternating between shy and playful. He didn't cling to me, or seem like he needed to be comforted. He was just trying to figure the place out. Once it gets familiar I think he'll have a great time.

This afternoon I took Zuzu to her first ballet/tap class. Hubs stopped by for part of that, too. I LOVED watching those little ballerinas through the glass. Zuzu seemed to have as much fun as I was sure she would. One of her friends is in the class and they were so giddy together. At one point they put their hands on each other's shoulders and kissed on the lips.


No comments: