Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Crib: Check.

This child is SQUISHING MY LUNGS!  Why is she allowed to squish my bladder AND my lungs?  That can't be fair.  Just how tall is she anyway?

Well folks, we bought a crib.  It isn't white.  Didn't I say I wanted white or medium brown or dark brown?  Of course it's none of those.  I saw a picture of one in a light natural wood finish, and my heart said, that's Jabberwocky's.

Our method of crib shopping was this: Anders would walk up to one, grab hold of the side, and shake it really hard.  Anything that didn't wiggle much and didn't cost five hundred dollars made the list.  You'd be surprised how quickly this narrowed the field for us.  In fact, pretty much got us down to one crib in no time.

So once we made our selection, we found an associate at Babies R Us and said this one, but the natural finish.  And she said: oh, you mean the one right there that's $80 off?  How 'bout that!  A couple had bought it and then decided they didn't want it.  It was already assembled and everything ... all we had to do was completely take it apart again to fit it in the car.  (And by "we," I mean Anders and a guy at Babies R Us.  I watched, while they first unscrewed it, and then carried it piece-by-piece through the rain.)


By the way, I just shifted uncomfortably and Anders said this in the direction of my belly: "Poor little Jabberwocky is so crowded in there!  Your lungs are in her way!"

No comments: