Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pregnancy: Week 30

My doctor seems bored with my pregnancy, which is exactly how I'd like it.  He pokes and measures and looks at the computer screen and says "normal, normal, normal - any questions?" to which I shrug happily.  A bored doctor means a healthy baby, we hope!

At my last appointment, they took blood, and a pretty little bruise developed in the crook of my elbow.  It's pretty enough that nearly everybody has commented on it.  Nine days later it's still purple, and was noticed by the nurse today, then by my doctor.  I told them each in turn, "yep, you guys did that to me!"  Which made them both feel bad.

The result of the blood-draw was that I do not have gestational diabetes.  Which is good, cuz I really didn't want to.

Dr. Weber informed me that since I'm at Week 30, I'll probably start to have more trouble sleeping.  Also that Jabberwocky may flip to her head-first position this month, which apparently will cause me discomfort.  I feel almost all of Jabberwocky's kicks exclusively on the left side of my belly.  It strikes me as incredibly cute that she's already a creature of habit.

2 comments:

carlamom said...

Emily dear,
The babysweets will use your bladder for her personal training trampoline.
You can tell her about it years later, and laugh about it together.

Blythe was the most advid gymnast.

carlamom said...

P.S. It was good to see you both! So glad it is going so well for you.

You truly looked great, and Anders had a new fatherly dignity that sat well on him.