Sunday, September 25, 2011

Enjoying 3rd trimester

So far, 3rd trimester's my favorite.  Bonding with Jabberwocky is more fun these days.  Now, I picture her as an adorable tiny person.  Previously, she was a slimy alien blob that had weirdly been implanted in my midsection. 

I like it that she's always with me and reminding me of her presence.  While I'm typing at work, or talking to other people, or listening to a sermon, I'm feeling kick, kick, kick.  It's like a special secret.  I recently received a facebook message from a very sweet lady who said: "This really is such a unique time in life to be fully attuned to the life growing inside of you without another little person to take care of at the same time."  That sure is true.  Jabberwocky's my constant little companion, without the extra work.  No feeding, soothing, or wiping her bum yet.

The anticipation is more fun now too.  All our baby preparations feel more worthwhile because we're seriously on a time-table now.  It's just a matter of weeks before she's born!  That awareness adds significance to every purchase and pre-baby chore.  Plus, it's just getting really exciting to think of holding her and hearing her coos and playing with her feet and stuff like that.

And I'm kind of in love with the shape and size of my belly right now.  It's just cuter and bigger and rounder than it was before.  Although Anders told me Jabberwocky is now just over four pounds (he's the one who's keeping track), which gets me a little nervous at the thought that she still might double in size before I have to push her out.   At that point, I may start to rethink the 3rd-trimester's-my-favorite idea.

2 comments:

Anika said...

I was gonna say...yeah, 3rd trimester might be my least favorite as the thought of pushing the baby out quickly approaches. ugh. but then again, so worth it (as I'm told, you'll have to let me know). :)

Elisa said...

I like it that you say "so far, third trimester's my favorite." I know what this means is that maybe further into the third trimester you'll change your mind, but it kind of sounds like maybe the fourth or fifth (or sixth or seventh or eighth...) trimester will beat it out for favorite. Hahahaha. Don't worry, I think it will stay your favorite.