Monday, September 12, 2011

Milwaukee & Baby Movement Recap

We just got back from Milwaukee!  Jabberwocky's 10th live Brewers game, if you count the four spring training games in Arizona in March, when she was the size of a coffee bean!  (That's 10 Brewers games for mama without beer.  I'm not a big drinker or anything, but still, from the Wisconsinite perspective, that's worth a whistle.)  It was nice as always to hang out with Anders' parents and Anika and Jon for a weekend that included a trip to Babies R Us, three visits to Kopps Custard (their Butter Pecan is roll-your-eyes-back delicious), and a laugh-filled dinner at a Family Restaurant we checked out.  My meal was especially good.  I ordered what Jabberwocky told me she wanted: two brats, two eggs, hash browns, and grilled toast.  And I gobbled it up.  Mmm.

In other news, I've been giddy to feel kicks at the top of my belly, which only started happening recently, because it makes me wonder if she has turned upside down!  Whenever I feel kicks up there I get all excited and pat her proudly and tell her she's a good girl.  But I still feel movement at the lower part of my belly too!  The doctor will have to poke her for me on Thursday to give me an answer.  I enjoy poking her myself, but unfortunately can't tell much from it, though I try.  Did I get your little head, Jabberwocky?  I love your little unseen head!  Or your cute baby butt?  I love picturing that baby butt!

I guess NBC heard we were expecting, so they created a show to entertain us called 'Up All Night,' about brand-new parents, which premiers Wednesday and looks like it could be hilarious.  Speaking of laughing on the subject of new parents, we watched this old Bill Cosby video last week at the Birthing Class that is pretty enjoyable.

No comments: