Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Chocolate and Light Bulbs

Zuzu: 3.50 yrs old
Bear: 1.39 yrs old

There are days when I find it so easy to do laundry. Lots of laundry! And I think, I'm never going to get behind on laundry again! I'll do one or two loads every day, forever! I have days like that ... maybe three of them per year. Today was not one.

I ate a lot of chocolate today. It was one of those days where I kept thinking about chocolate. 

At the grocery store tonight with the kids, I was delighted to find that they had the light bulbs we needed. I put four packages of various bulbs in my cart. Zuzu wanted to put the light bulbs in HER cart. She was pushing one of those cute little kid carts. I said sure, and picked them up again--"but," I said, "you must be so careful with them--don't throw them into your cart, just set them down gently." I knew this wouldn't be a problem for her. I held them out. And then the next little series of events all happened in a moment: Bear, who was sitting in the front of my cart, twisted around to reach behind him where the light bulbs were in my hand, snatched a package, and immediately threw it onto the floor. One of the bulbs completely shattered inside the package. I put a hand on my forehead and said out loud, "I can't believe that just happened." Zuzu threw her head back and cried out, "Ohhhhhhh! I should have catched them!" I hastened to tell her it wasn't her fault, it was my fault. So then she said brightly, "Oh, I forgive you Mommy!" I thanked her, and hugged her, and heard her say softly that when we got home, she would find some of her dolls to give me to make me happy.

No comments: