Saturday, October 1, 2011

Week 34

Anders and his dad are on their way to Milwaukee for games 1 & 2 of the play-offs!  This is perhaps the pinnacle of excitement for my baseball-loving husband.  (It's up to Jabberwocky to top this.  I think she'll do it.)  They're prepped with brats and tailgating paraphernalia, and jackets, because it's going to be chilly!  The parking lot of Miller Park will be one gigantic, jovial party this weekend.

I'm going to spend the day washing baby clothes.

Wednesday night we had our tour of the birthing facility.  I was very eager for the tour, because it's reassuring to be able to picture the place in my mind as I anticipate Labor Day.  The birthing facility is lovely.  The rooms are spacious with wood and soothing colors and dimmable lights and hot tubs.  It was a bonus that during our walk-through, we didn't hear any shrieks from women giving birth or see doctors running through the halls.  (What do the tour guides do if something like that happens?)  It was very quiet, and all we saw were peaceful, smiling nurses.

Yesterday afternoon I had another one of my quickie doctor's appointments.  Jabberwocky's heart rate was 170, the highest it's been.  The nurse asked if she's been active, and i said yes, i think she's wearing a little sweatband and has a kickboxing video going on in there. 

No comments: