Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Marriage Advice for Girls

And ... here's my marriage advice to girls!  Why not, after yesterday's post?  Girls, these are the two best tips I have right now on living with a husband.

1. Never stop laughing at his jokes.  Men love to make chicks laugh, have you noticed?  For a very long time, I thought guys grossly overrated the importance of humor in relationships.  Well, it's finally dawning on me how much I cherish it too!  Laughing with Anders might just be my very favorite thing to do. 

2. Know in advance that you're going to forgive him for everything.  This is why I like marriage better than dating (not that I recommend bypassing the one to get to the other).  Pressure's off!  The dating situation is saturated with responsibility.  You have to analyze his every flaw and quirk to see whether it's merely a fleeting annoyance, or something much more ominous.  A glimpse into a darker side of his personality?  Evidence of a pathway he's treading that's headed nowhere good?  Such heavy, worrisome questions every time he does something unpleasant.  It isn't about forgiving him at this point, it's about your solemn duty to use as much wisdom as possible when two people's hearts are at stake.  But now, thank goodness, the decision's been made!  He's your husband!  Whatever dark sides or troubled pathways are revealed now have no bearing whatever on whether you should stick around: you should.  Which means instead of analyzing his flaws, you can jump straight to forgiveness.

1 comment: