Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Jar Lids and Paper Princesses

Zuzu: 3.54 yrs old
Bear: 1.43 yrs old

Started the day with couch romping. I hate couch romping. Kids are constantly on the brink of terrible injury. 

Chocolate pancakes with tons of sliced strawberries. I thought it was breakfast heaven. Bear ate some. Zuzu ate one bite.

The kids and I sat on the kitchen floor and played with the lids of all the glass jars I've collected over the years. I keep the lids in a bottom kitchen drawer with other stuff Bear's allowed to ransack. We nested them, stacked them, sorted them, counted them. Zuzu and I rolled them across the floor lots and lots of times--Bear threw them. We clapped them together, scraped them on the tile, banged on them like itty bitty drums, spun them in circles around our fingers ... the fun lasted so long, for being free.

At Bear's nap time Zuzu asked me if I wanted to play with her paper princesses from Sisi. She loves her paper princesses from Sisi, and they only come out during Bear's nap time when he can't destroy them. I did not particularly want to, as I was still in pajamas and had a million things to do, but we did. The storyline was that the princesses kept tripping whilst dancing and damaging articles of clothing and asking one of the servants to mend everything. This happened about a hundred times and then I told Zuzu I was going to stop playing and get dressed, which made her sulk. That girl has a champion sulk face.


No comments: