Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Toddler toy tantrums; cheerful 'good morning'

Zuzu: 3.54 yrs old
Bear: 1.43 yrs old

Bear and his toddler friend playing together ... all's going well until suddenly they're both screaming at each other. They both want the same toy, they both believe the best way to get it is to use brute force, and they are both outraged at each other's behavior!

Normally the kids get themselves up in the morning ... I don't go waking anybody up. But Zuzu was sleeping late and we had to be somewhere. So I went into her room and pulled the window shades. She sat up gracefully, like Cinderella when the birdies wake her up, and said sweetly, "good morning, Mommy!"

Zuzu tried to give me an ultimatum but didn't know how to make me choose what she wanted me to choose. "You can play with me, or stay here by yourself," she told me severely. At the time I think I had to prepare lunch, so I cheerfully opted to stay in the kitchen by myself. Poor little Zuzu.

I'm standing at the bathroom sink and look down to see Bear pulling the shower curtain with one hand and a hanging towel with the other hand to meet in front of him ... he peeks out, I see both his eyes, and an adorable mischievous look on his face. He pulls them away and looks up at me, beaming. Again and again ... now he stands behind the shower curtain ... he leans forward and I can see the shape of his face through the fabric; I can even tell he has the same happy mischievous expression. He pulls it away--so smiley! I think how handsome he is.

No comments: