Saturday, August 27, 2011

Crib Shopping

When you're looking for a stroller, you can come up with criteria.  Like: I want it to fold up instead of down; I want easy maneuverability; I want readily-accessible underneath storage.  Maybe I want a cup holder.  Maybe I want a jogging stroller for all the times I will take Jabberwocky out jogging (okay, that is not going to happen).

But how on earth do you narrow down CRIBS?  There are a couple things: the crib should be sturdy, and the baby shouldn't be able to get her head stuck between the rails.  But seriously, don't those things go without saying?  And haven't all the recalls pretty much taken care of safety issues?  Most of the cribs we've looked at are these convertible/3-in-1 things, where you turn it into a toddler bed and then eventually use it as the headboard for a full-size bed.  I kinda doubt we'll take advantage of that option, but it seems hard to avoid when shopping.  So basically I feel like it comes down to price, and whether you like curves or straight edges.  I've decided this: white.  Maybe.  Possibly medium brown or espresso, but definitely not black.  Or a funky color.  And also: I don't want one that looks like a piano with railings.  So many cribs look like transfigured pianos.

No comments: