Sunday, October 23, 2011

2:45 - 4:00 a.m.

At 2:45 a.m. I woke up to go to the bathroom and then didn't feel sleepy.  The doctor's office gave me a sheet called "baby's report card" and told me to monitor Jabberwocky's movements with it, by lying on my side and counting kicks.  They don't want her to move less than ten times in two hours.  So while awake in bed last night, I told Jabberwocky I needed her to move five times in the next hour.  She moved five times in seven minutes.  So then I stopped bothering to count, but still couldn't sleep, so I just lay my hand on my belly and enjoyed feeling her, my wonderful little Jabberwocky, doing whatever she's doing in there.  And I talked to God too.  It was a sweet time ...

An hour later I was tired of being awake.  And my hips were killing me.  And then she got the hiccups.  And then I had to go to the bathroom again ...

After that we went through a ten-minute period where she literally moved constantly.  When she finally paused, I said, "Okay, we'll count that as one ..."

No comments: