Saturday, October 8, 2011

National League Division Series - Games 1 and 2 with Dad

Anders here. I took over this blog from Emily for an afternoon.

Baseball with my father is interwoven between my childhood, teenage years, college, and professional career. The memories that exist between the sport and time spent with him remain strong: Forcing me to keep my glove down when fielding ground balls. Telling me to give pitching a try. Playing catch. Taking me to regular season Brewers games.

Add another memory to that list: Celebrating the Brewers' first division title in my lifetime by spending last weekend in Milwaukee, watching the Crew's first two home playoff games with him. As you can see below, life was good.


Louie's wild rice brats sizzling on the grill.




The finished product from the grillmaster. Delicious.


The obstructed view seats I won in the Brewers lottery. Dad had the better seat to the right of this one. The view was far from perfect, but the time with my Dad was.


Soaking in the Brewers Game 1 NLDS victory and biding our time before leaving the stadium. We also safely reveled in the victory with other fans in the parking lot after the game, for about an hour.

Before Game 2 on Sunday, Dad starting to saute the mushrooms for this....

My tender New York Strip and Dad's butterflied fillet mignon. Tailgating in Milwaukee is great.

Waiting for the start of Game 2.


Our seats improved for Game 2, thanks to a connection Dad has with a season ticket holder. (Above, Jerry Hairston Jr. ripping a double to left to start the five-run rally for the Brewers. Another Brewers win.)

No comments: