Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dr. Weber knows his stuff!

Today I saw my doctor again for the first time in a while.  The last few appointments have been with substitute doctors or the maternity counselor.

I got up on the bench and lay down like usual.  He had his hands on my belly for about two seconds, and said "You just had a contraction!"

I said, "What! No I didn't."

"Yep, your uterus just tightened and then relaxed.  You didn't feel it?"

"No!"

"Like most women at this stage, you're probably having 2 or 3 contractions an hour."

I was flabbergasted by this.  I would like for contractions during labor to continue being this painless please!

He then gently felt around for about another second-and-a-half, and immediately pronounced: "Her head's here, back here, butt here, and feet here."

It was fantastic how effortless it was for him to tell what was going on in there.  I've been trying to get them to tell me this the past couple of appointments and they haven't been sure.  Dr. Weber knew the moment he felt Jabberwocky the exact way she's curled up; and happily, it's head-down.

Both the women from my office who beat me to the punch with having babies this fall brought them to the office today.  If I weren't about to have a baby, I'd sure be geared up to start trying now.  One of them had a bottle, and I'm still hearing her sweet little sucking noises in my head.  Oh I'm getting excited for mine to come.

No comments: