Sunday, October 9, 2011

Jabberwocky's nursery!

As mentioned, our nursery is blue.  We painted it over a year ago after moving in.  It was supposed to be a nice light neutral gray, and it didn't look blue until it was all over the walls.  Even now, looking at the color swatch I saved, I swear there is no way you would know it's blue and not gray.
In pondering how to prepare a blue room for a girl baby, I decided to paint an accent wall.  Dark blue.

Anders was confused about how making a blue room bluer would add the touch of femininity we were after.  I really didn't have an answer, other than that it would include a tree: 

which I frog-taped to the wall in lieu of a stencil.  And here's a better look at the crib:
I shopped in stores and spent hours online browsing for bedding.  One day I noticed that I had posted two different pictures of the SAME bedding set to Pinterest, separately and unknowingly, first from Target and then from Babies R Us.  So I figured my shopping was over and this was the set to get.  I adore it!
Here's the owl tree I made from felt, which was fun and ridiculously time-consuming.  The owls have velcro backs and can be rearranged:
 I'll have pleasant memories of sewing these little dudes, alternately listening to Brewers games on the radio and this wonderful version of "The Velveteen Rabbit" (three times total) which I grew up with, and downloaded specifically to be my owl-tree-making background entertainment.
Cute wittle baby clothes!
I'll have to get a better picture of these once they're up on the wall.  They're owl paintings I got from this etsy shop and they're fantastic.  They look so great in their colorful frames from Michaels.
The wall sure looks gray here, doesn't it?  But it's blue in person!  This classic, huggable teddy bear came from my sister, and the lamp was another one of the things I posted on Pinterest and then decided to buy.
This is a Noah's Ark music box that plays "Jesus Loves Me."  I got it at a consignment store for $8 and it's beautiful and flawless!  See how the ark is on top of a little globe?  And see the owls?

1 comment:

carlamom said...

Little JabberwockY Girl,
Your mommy and daddy did a great job getting the nursery ready.
You will love the little owls to move around (darling!) and the tree.
Nice job!
Happy November 1st!
Sas