Monday, October 10, 2011

Gettin' a little weary

Yesterday I clipped my toenails.  Any chance I won't have to do that again until after Jabberwocky is born?

Okay, I am getting uncomfortable.  My belly keeps running into things.  Like, I keep closing the washing machine door on it and stuff like that.  Or scooting in too close to my desk.

My mother keeps cheerfully saying that God is good, because he makes us miserable during the last weeks of pregnancy.  Basically, He's bringing me to the "GET THIS KID OUTTA HERE!" stage.  Because otherwise we'd all be scared witless about labor, or something like that.

I am not quite there yet - but I could see myself getting there in the next month.  I feel a new kind of tired now, the kind I associate with spending all day in the kitchen prepping a big meal: a foot-aching, back-aching, full-body fatigue - except it's how I feel when I get up in the morning. 

Jabberwocky hates it when I slouch.  She pushes with great irritation on my ribs to make me sit up straighter.

No comments: